- Features production from J Rocc, J Dilla, DJ Rhettmatic and Illa J, among others!
- Frankie Rothstein is Nitt’s first solo album in over a decade, coming on the heels of acclaimed collaborations with Madlib, J Dilla, and as half of popular rap duo Frank N’ Dank.
- CD Format includes instrumental versions of all tracks
With Frankie Rothstein, his first album features production from the likes of J Rocc, J Dilla and DJ Rhettmatic, L.A. based, Detroit-bred MC Frank Nitt brings his distinguished, decades-
long career full-circle, packing his inimitable style and years of industry-hardened grit in with a newfound maturity and growth.
From a young age, Frank Nitt was quick to absorb the rich musical history of his native Detroit, forming the rap duo Frank N’ Dank in his teens. The group eventually landed worldwide attention & acclaim for their contributions to Dilla’s debut album Welcome 2 Detroit in 2001 and soon after signed to MCA Records.
Poised to release their debut full length 48 Hours (entirely produced by Dilla) the album ended up
shelved, seemingly indefinitely, due to label politics. It wasn’t until 2013 that the album finally saw a proper official release, garnering critical praise for its irreverent, light-hearted rhymes and unconventional production.
After years as a group, Nitt parted ways with Dank to pursue a career as a solo emcee, eventually connecting with prolific LA beatsmith Madlib to release Nittyville, an installment of Madlib’s acclaimed Medicine Show series.
Most recently, Nitt released Sunset Blvd., a collaborative full-length with Illa J (younger brother to the late J Dilla) over unreleased Dilla productions and featuring hip hop heavyweights Common, Talib Kweli and members of De La Soul and the Pharcyde.
1) Dank Intro
3) Slippin (feat Illa J)
4) Hit Record/Dank Skit
5) Official Supreme
6) Hey World
7) Money On The Mind (feat Illa J & T3)
8) Get Blowed/Dank Outro (feat Botni Applebum & Illa J)
9) Classic (Instrumental) (prod by Rhettmatic)
10) Slippin (Instrumental) (prod by J Dilla)
11) Hit Record (Instrumental) (prod by Angry Old Men)
12) Official Supreme (Instrumental) (prod by J Dilla)
13) Hey World (Instrumental) (prod Angry Old Men)
14) Money On My Mind (Instrumental) (prod by Young RJ)
15) Get Blowed (Instrumental) (prod by Angry Old Men)