Actor and comedian Bill Murray met German cellist Jan Vogler on a trans-Atlantic flight. The two struck up a friendship and soon had the idea to work together on a project: New Worlds. On the album and in live performance, Murray as both singer and narrator brings his charm and wit to songs by Foster, Gershwin, and Bernstein as well as readings of classic American poetry and prose by Whitman, Hemingway, Twain and others.
1) Saint-Saëns The Swan / Lucille Clifton "blessing the boats"
2) Walt Whitman from "Song of the Open Road" and "Song of Myself"
3) Bach Prelude from Suite For Cello Solo No.1 In G Major
4) Franz Schubert Andante un poco mosso from Trio No. 1 in B-flat major James Fenimore Cooper from "The Deerslayer"
5) George Gershwin "It Ain't Necessarily So" from Porgy and Bess
6) Piazzolla "Muerte del Ángel"