Narrated by The RZA, this is Ghostface Killah’s brutal tale of gangsters, betrayal and one vengeful soul hunting the 12 most powerful crime lords in the World. The Deluca's pressed Tony's remains into 12 vinyl records - one for each member of the family. But little did they know - he would return...
This project is a daring, full-length Crime/Horror concept album. Executive Producer, and Ghostface Killah's longtime Wu-Tang Clan collaborator, The RZA refers to the album as "groundbreaking" in the hip hop genre.
Apollo Brown was asked to record an alternate album at the same time as Adrian Younge created “Twelve Reasons To Die.” Keep in mind, the legendary Detroit producer (Apollo Brown) was given access to Ghostface Killah’s recordings and constructed beats around GFK's work. This made the project one of the producer's most challenging projects to date. That hard work has paid of as “The Brown Tape” is also one of the best albums to date from Ghostface Killah or Apollo Brown. Cinematic and nasty, this is Hip-hop at it’s most raw.
1) Beware of the Stare
2) Rise of the Black Suits
3) I Declare War (feat. Masta Killa & RZA)
4) Blood on the Cobblestones (feat. U-God & Inspectah Deck)
5) The Center of Attraction (feat. Cappadonna)
6) Enemies All Around Me
7) An Unexpected Call (feat. Inspectah Deck)
8) Rise of the Ghostface Killah (feat. RZA)
9) Revenge Is Sweet (feat. Masta Killa, RZA, Killa Sin)
10) Murder Spree (feat. Masta Killa, U-God, Killa Sin)
11) The Sure Shot (Parts 1 & 2)