Kenn Starr sees his career at square one, despite being regarded among the elite of the DMV scene, and being in the inner circle of producers Oddisee and Kev Brown, and having his newest album signed to Mello Music Group. Eight years since his debut, Starr Status, Kenn Starr is baggage free on his sophomore album, Square One.
Largely produced by Kev Brown with a nice block of production by Black Milk, and additional work by 14KT, Roddy Rod, and Kaimbr, Square One is Kenn Starr getting back to his foundation to begin anew.
Square One is the only album Kenn Starr could write in order to bid farewell to days past and move forward. The album is built from the underground-up as Starr still writes from the mindset of being a product of the basement.
1) Square Once (prod. Kev Brown)
2) Say Goodbye (prod. Black Milk)
3) Product of the Basement feat Sean Born (prod. Kev Brown)
4) Strangers (prod. Kev Brown)
5) The Definition feat Melanie Rutherford (prod. Black Milk)ξ
6) Exodus feat Boog Brown (prod. 14KT)ξ
7) Cigarettes & Whiskey (prod. Roddy Rod)ξ
8) ξLesson A (prod. Kev Brown)
9)ξOverdue feat Kaimbr, Hassaan Mackey & yU (prod. Kaimbr)
10) The Movement (prod. Kev Brown)ξ
11) Farewell feat Sean Born (prod. Kev Brown)ξ
CD ONLY Bonus Tracks:ξ
12) Product of the Basement (Remix / prod. Kev Brown)ξ
13) Came to Deliver feat Wordsworth & Suspastition (prod. Kev Brown)ξ